Red Cross Programs
Blended Learning Lifeguarding Training
The American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding course utilizes online modules, classroom lectures, and in-water practice to teach candidates the skills needed to help prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. With our lifeguard training, you will learn how quick response times and effective preparation are vital to being a lifeguard while also understanding the crucial elements in helping to prevent drownings and injuries.This includes land and water skills, as well as first aid and CPR.
Criteria for certification:
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Complete all eLearning units prior the in-person sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in a required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid, and Lifeguarding.
- Must participate in the 7 hour online portion as well as the 2 days in class/ water portion.
Once you register for the class you will receive an email with the link to the online portion of the class to complete (and print out your confirmation of completion) before attending the in class portion.
June 22-23, 8am-6pm
July 6-7, 8am-6pm
July 13-14, 8am-6pm
July 20-21, 8am-6pm
* Open to both members and non-members. Minimum 5 participants, maximum 10 participants to hold class.
Please be aware there is a pre-req swim test given on the first day. It is recommended that students practice, as no refunds are given after the start of the course. Pre-req swim test: 300 yards (100 Free, 100 Breast, 100 freestyle or breaststroke) continuous swim with breath control and rhythmic breathing, 2 minutes of treading water with legs only, and a timed brick retrieval from the bottom of the deep end. Upon successful registration, the participant will be emailed the Lifeguard Manual.
Re-certification students join the Sunday-only portion of training.
$125/1-day Sunday session
June 23, 8am-6pm
July 14, 8am-6pm
* Open to both members and non-members. Maximum 5 participants to hold class. Must present current certification, can be expired up to 30-days.