Re-certification students join the Sunday-only portion of training.
Blended Learning Lifeguarding Training
The American Red Cross Blended Learning Lifeguarding course utilizes online modules, classroom lectures, and in-water practice to teach candidates the skills needed to help prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. With our lifeguard training, you will learn how quick response times and effective preparation are vital to being a lifeguard while also understanding the crucial elements in helping to prevent drownings and injuries.This includes land and water skills, as well as first aid and CPR.
Criteria for certification:
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Complete all eLearning units prior the in-person sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in a required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid, and Lifeguarding.
- Must participate in the 7 hour online portion as well as the 2 days in class/ water portion.